June 23, 2009

Visian ICL Case Study

Tomorrow's the day that I get to watch a live Visian ICL surgery. I'm kind of excited and nervous at the same time. I'm into the CSI/NCIS-type shows so it should be awesome to look at an eyeball up close while they poke something in it. But, I'm a little nervous because just the thought of something getting shoved in my eyes gives me the heebie-jeebies.

In any case, it should be educational and give me a good idea what goes into the procedure. Hopefully they let me talk to the patient before and after the surgery. Not sure if they'll do that though.

I was trying to figure out when was the best time for me to do this should I decide to go through with it. I've got a bunch of events coming up in July and August at work. I'm also doing six weeks of golf lessons at KCC. (I would truly hate to have to wear glasses and try to hit the darn ball. It's difficult enough to hit it without the visual impairment!)

I was thinking September would be the best time so that none of this stuff conflicts with the three weeks needed to get this surgery done. It takes about five doctor visits, including follow ups, in that period of time to get it done.

Jury's out till tomorrow.

0 comments: