June 2, 2009

Slow Cooker Virgin Suicide

I thought I'd just let y'all know that I purchased a Crock-Pot the other weekend and I'm popping its cherry tonight. If you don't ever hear from me again, it means I food poisoned myself to death in a sorta suicide.

Normally I'm strictly a warm-it-up (Kris) cooker. Frozen foods and Hamburger Helper is pretty much the extent of my culinary skills. That, and I can do some breakfast foods.

Tonight I'm working on my first slow cooker stew. The recipe seemed easy enough so I went out and got the necessary ingredients from the grocery store today. We'll see if it comes out ok tomorrow morning.

I keep going over to check on it, but it looks like it's doing ok. As far as taste goes though, your guess is as good as mine. I'll letcha know tomorrow as it's going to be my lunch - good or bad.

0 comments: